Until recently, you couldn’t link your Facebook Page to your Facebook Group. But now you can!!!!
In this post, I will walk through each step on how to do this and also talk about some benefits.
Make sure you are an admin of the Facebook Page because you may not be able to access the sections you need.
Click Settings on the top right
Click on Edit Page
Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see Add a Tab
Click Add Tab next to Groups and then click Close
Go back to your Facebook Page home page and scroll down till you see the Groups tab on the left-hand side.
Here you can either Link Your Group or Create Group
If you already have the group created, click on Link Your Group. Then you can select the group you want to link to your Facebook Page by clicking Link.
Now your Facebook Page is linked to your Facebook Group. It will show up under the Groups tab on your page.
By doing this, your Facebook Page becomes an admin of your Facebook Group. That means, your page can post, make changes to the group, etc. Anything the admin can do, your page can now do.
Some of the benefits to linking your Facebook Page to your Group:
- The fans of your Facebook Page are invited to join the group. This appears in the notifications.
- When you share, like or comment in your group, you are doing so as your Page. You can change it back to yourself if you wanted to. All you have to do is click the down arrow next to your profile picture and select yourself or your page.
- If you look at your Cover Photo of your Group, you will now see that it says Linked Group. Members can now click on that and be directed to your Facebook Page.
- If they just hover over the name of your Page, they can Like it right from the Group, as well as visit your website and see your recent videos.
What are your thoughts about linking your Page to your Group? Is this something you will be doing? Comment below!
Like what you see? Share this with your audience.
In my next blog post, I am going to talk about the 4 different sizes you should be using on Instagram.
Until then, Keep Calm & Love Social Media!
Latest posts by Michelle Arbore (see all)
- How To Spring Clean Your Blog & Social Media - March 24, 2018
- How To Share Someone Else’s Facebook Post & Schedule It - March 20, 2018
- 2018 Social Media Audit - January 30, 2018