As you know, each social media platform uses different image sizes. Here is a great infographic that I found from Dustin Stout about “The 4 Sizes you Should Know“.
Instagram now has 3 image sizes:
- Square – shown at a maximum of 600x600 pixels – Instagram will store a version as large as 1080x1080 pixels minimum
- Landscape (horizontal) – 1920x1080 pixels but is displayed at 600x337 – Instagram does store a version that is 1080x607
- Portrait (vertical) – display at a maximum of 480x600 pixels – Instagram is storing these images at a maximum of 1080x1350
Dustin has also created templates that you can download for FREE.
Let’s not forget about Instagram Stories. Dustin’s advice is to take a landscape 16:9 ratio or 1080x1920 pixels.
Image courtesy of dustn.tv
What are your thoughts about the new sizes? Will you start taking different photos now? Comment below!
In my next blog post, I am going to talk about how social media has changed.
Until then, Keep Calm & Love Social Media!
Latest posts by Michelle Arbore (see all)
- How To Spring Clean Your Blog & Social Media - March 24, 2018
- How To Share Someone Else’s Facebook Post & Schedule It - March 20, 2018
- 2018 Social Media Audit - January 30, 2018