Last week I attended Social Boom 2017 in Orlando Florida. This was my first time attending Social Boom and I am so glad I did.
The common theme between all of the speakers was about authenticity and being real. Each speaker was definitely authentic and real, especially Kim Garst. By the last day, she had her shoes off and spoke from the heart.
Here are some of the best takeaways from Social Boom 2017:
CEO & Co-Founder Boom! Social
How to Build Relationships#Socialmedia is about bringing people together but don’t forget the human connection | @kimgarst Click To Tweet
- Don’t compare yourself to others
- Video is a huge untapped opportunity – it’s getting 3 times more engagement yet most people are still sharing other types of content – 80% of people are sharing links, 19% are sharing photos, and less than 1% are sharing videos
- Facebook Live is something you should consider – focus on what’s in it for the viewer in the first 10 seconds – be authentic – evoke emotion – be personal and relatable – many listen with sound off
- Content is still KING – every piece of content you share on social media has the ability to create future sales
- Engagement is QUEEN! – successful social media marketing is not built on “impressions.” It’s built on relationships
- You don’t own your followers on social media, so move people to your list as quickly as you can
- The first step to building relationships on social media is to be BE YOU!
- What do you stand for? Why are you here?
- People don’t care about your product or service out of the gate
- YOU are what attracts your tribe
- What do you care about and stand for?
- Being normal or trying to be someone else is a trap
- People will connect with you around something that they care about before they connect around your product or service
- It’s not about you! It’s about them and they know it.
Facebook GroupsUsing #FacebookGroups is one of the easiest ways to establish your expertise | @kimgarst Click To Tweet
- They help you build a tribe to serve that you can connect and build relationships with
- Facebook Pages don’t encourage community participation and it’s hard to have a presence without paying for ads
- Group reach is naturally higher because members get notifications on every post you create and all comments and replies
- Posts show up in your newsfeeds if the group is open or closed
- Every member can see and engage with each other’s posts
- They get to know you and each other
- You can sell directly in groups, create events, add files, and poll members
- How to grow your group? – post the link in your social media bio’s, record a video and promote the group in the video, post on all your social media, email your list, include a link in your welcome emails, create a resource page on your site and include a link, place a link on your thank you pages, and write a blog post promoting your group
Facebook Live#Facebook is disrupting TV - it's the cable TV of the future | @kimgarst Click To Tweet
- Build your tribe
- Roughly 2% of your fans see your business page content
- Live is up to 10 times the reach
- Live content lives on
- You can do two-party broadcasting, pre-schedule, go Live from your desktop, tons of 3rd party tools, and you have Snapchat like filters
- It allows you to connect with your viewers, customers, and prospects in a real, authentic way
- Change is constant, time is money and content is KING
- Take your viewers behind the scenes
- Live Q&A
- Product Demos
- Live Tours
- Live Trainings
- Product Launches
President & Co-Founder Boom! Social
The best time to #advertise on #Facebook is right now | @TerryBoomSocial Click To Tweet
- No point in doing them around the holiday’s because they give the spot to higher bidders
- What’s stopping you?
- They come down to location, audience, budget, links, graphics, copy and results
- Before your start, what is your objective and goals, who is your audience, what is your daily budget, are you sending people to a landing page or a conversion page, you can use up to 6 different images to see which one works, your headline should be 25 characters/short phrase/grab people’s attention, main copy should be 90 characters/address 1 trigger point/offer 1 solution/have 1 call to action, news feed copy should be 200 characters/only get’s people to click the link/don’t get fancy/what can you help them with, make sure to review what is working and not working and then edit your ad/don’t touch for 24 hours and then pick the winning graphic(s)/create copies with new headlines/at 48 hours, pick the winning graphic/headline/create copies with new main text/after 72 hours evaluate/increase-decrease-or leave the budget alone
CEO & Co-Founder Inspired Living
Becoming the Celebrity with Video
- There’s no such thing as an overnight success
- You are your brand – you are the voice they want – be excited about your brand
- Users view more than 4 billion videos a day
- When you show up, people show up
- Most people retain 95% of the message in a video
- Your money is the exchange of the way people feel in the world
- Facebook envy is not real life
- Businesses using video grow company revenue 97% faster
- 80% of people who visit your website will watch a video
- Only 20% of entrepreneurs are using video
- If you are not using video to build your business or brand, you are giving your clients to the competition
- You are beyond good enough
- How do you do things that make you stand out?
- You don’t need super talent to make a difference
- Speak to one person and start
- Video is a dialog, not a monolog
- Know who your ideal client is
- Leverage your gift
- Focus on the results, not the process
- How long are you going to stand in the shadows waiting for someone to tell you that you’re good enough?
- Become the go-to celebrity expert in your industry
- Show up authentic to grow your business – don’t be scripted because it’s not authentic
Founder The Monetized Life
To Charm & Convert
Two rules to increase your #revenue - stay ready and #followup flawlessly | @NaptiralNicole Click To Tweet
- Stay Ready – research, live in a state of expectancy, be vigilant – it’s not overnight, be professional & serve your audience
- Follow Up Flawlessly – 44% of sales people give up after one follow-up, 80% of sales require five follow-ups
- We get sold all the time and most of the time, we like it
- You are already a salesperson
- You can’t just target new prospects or current clients
- Embrace the NO
- NO can form before you hit send
Professional Speaker at Infusionsoft
Email Marketing is Still Alive
If you sell to everyone, you sell to no one Click To Tweet
- Have a great lead magnet on your website to collect emails – free report, coupons/offers, podcasts, loyalty programs, memberships, bonuses, limited-time free trials, demos, online webinars
- Your email list is currency
- Have a system in place to turn someone’s business card into a credit card
- People buy when they are ready, not when you are ready
- You need to provide value, to get value
- You’re educating, not pitching
- What do they care about?
- You’re establishing a relationship
PHEW, so much to take in. My brain is still going crazy with everything I learned!
It was such a great event, learned so much and met some wonderful people.
Here are some photos….
(click on the image for a better view)
Also published on Medium.