I love this time of year because I am able to get rid of a ton of stuff that no longer works for me or is going to take me further on my journey. What about you?
When it comes to spring cleaning, typically we think about our house, but why not our blog and social media?
It’s time to get rid of the clutter, get organized and lead a more productive life! Who’s with me 🙂
Let’s start with your blog:
- Make sure your branding is consistent throughout – images, fonts, colors, headshots, logo, etc.
- Update your About Page
- Go through your website and fix any broken links – use the plugin Broken Link Checker
- Do you have social sharing tools? – If not, find a plugin that fits you – I use Social Warfare
- Clean up your sidebar – keep it simple – I have a little introduction about who I am, a Book Appointment button so people can schedule a 30-minute Discovery Session, an Opt-in to my newsletter, a Search box, and my Recent Posts
- Make sure you have replied to all of the comments – great for engagement
- Add ALT TEXT to all of your images because this is so important for SEO
- Go through your plugins and deactivate or delete the ones that no longer serve purpose
Here are some of the Plugins I use:
- Akismet Anti-Spam – advanced anti-spam for WordPress
- BackupBuddy – without a backup, your WordPress site could be lost forever
- Better Click To Tweet – the most popular Click to Tweet plugin for WordPress
- Bloom – email opt-in & lead generation plugin for WordPress
- Broken Link Checker – scan your website and fix broken links and missing images
- Comet Cache – helps speed up your site
- Duplicate Page – allows you to duplicate posts & pages with a single click
- Fancier Author Box – the best free author box
- Feed Them Social – create social feeds of your social media profiles – click here to see mine
- Google Analytics for WordPress – see how visitors find and use your website
- InstaBuilder 2.0 – easy to use drag and drop software to create landing pages
- Jetpack by WordPress – helps keep your website secure, increase traffic & engage your readers
- Pinterest Pinboard Widget – can be used on the sidebar or on any page with shortcode
- Pretty Link – allows you to shorten links using your domain name
- SEO Optimized Images – lets you insert SEO friendly ALT attributes to your images
- Social Warfare – allows your readers to share your stuff
- SumoMe – free tools that can be used to grow your website traffic
- Super Testimonial – add testimonials to your sidebar, as a widget or embed into a page or post
- Swifty Bar – sticky bar at the bottom of posts – shows category, title, author & time to read post
- Yoast SEO – improves your site’s SEO
Now, we’ll move onto spring cleaning your Social Media:
- Update your passwords – you should be updating them at least once a quarter that way nobody can hack into your accounts – if you hate doing this, try the FREE Dashlane Password Manager (this is an affiliate link) – not only does it store your passwords safely, it will also generate strong passwords for you – if you purchase the Premium plan you can sync all of your devices – I would also have two-factor authentication by using Google Authenticator
- Update your Social Media bios – Facebook Personal Profile by linking your business page – Facebook Business Page – Story, Category, Business Info, Contact Info & More Info – LinkedIn Profile – Summary, Experience, Headline, Skills, Ask for Recommendations – Twitter Bio – Instagram Bio – Pinterest Bio
- Update your Profile Pictures and Cover Photos – include a call to action in your Facebook Cover Photo
- Always engage with your followers by responding to comments, liking and retweeting
- BE ACTIVE
In my next blog post, I am going to talk about how to verify your Facebook business page.
Until then, Keep Calm & Love Social Media!
Also published on Medium.