When it comes to Spring Cleaning, we normally think about our home.
Today, I want you to think about Spring Cleaning your business. You will feel so much better that you did. You can start this new season fresh and ready to bring on the world!
Here are some things you can do:
- Unsubscribe from all those emails you never read that are clogging up your Inbox.
- Leave all those Facebook and LinkedIn Groups that aren’t helping you, adding value, or that you are not participating in.
- Detox your Inbox – clean out your main Inbox, create folders for certain things (a folder for each client), and delete what you don’t need.
- Sort those receipts – enter them into your accounting software or an excel sheet and then file them away in a folder or envelope. Then you will be ready when it is tax time.
- Reorganize your desk – is it full of stuff that is stressing you out? Clear everything off your desk and start from scratch. Keep only the things that make you happy (pictures of family/friends, encouraging quotes, etc.) and throw out the rest, donate them, or store them somewhere.
- If something has been sitting on your desk and collecting dust, probably means you don’t need it. Throw it away or donate it.
- Clean out your drawers – throw away anything you don’t need anymore or anything that doesn’t work.
- Declutter other things in your office – take 10 minutes each day and clear the clutter.
- Subscribe to a lot of magazines and don’t have the time to read them? Go through them quickly, recycle them, and maybe unsubscribe from them.
- Phone apps cluttering your phone? Create folders for like apps (all your social media), remove them from your screen but don’t delete the app, or delete them all together.
- Have customers you don’t like working with? Come up with an exit plan.
- Reclaim your space! Get rid of things you don’t use or need. By doing this, you are making room for new opportunities.
- Photos taking up a lot of space on your phone? Go through them and delete the bad photos, back them up to the cloud, order prints of them and delete them, or download them to your computer to print later.
I just spring cleaned my desk and cleaned out the drawers. My desk never represented what I did as a business. Now I have things that make me happy and I love sitting at my desk. Take a look 😀
Latest posts by Michelle Arbore (see all)
- Instagram Image Guide – What you need to know - July 11, 2017
- How to link your Facebook Page to your Facebook Group - June 27, 2017
- How To Verify Your Facebook Page - June 6, 2017