Did you know you can add a call-to-action (CTA) button on your Facebook Page?
First, let me explain what a call-to-action is or CTA. It can be an image or a line of text that prompts your visitors, leads and customers to take action. The CTA could range from downloading an ebook, signing up for a webinar, attending an event, etc. A CTA can be placed anywhere in your marketing – your website, in an ebook, in an email, or even on a blog post. Now you can even add them to your Facebook Business Page.
HubSpot is a great example when it comes to CTA’s.
Step 1: Go to your Page’s Cover Photo and click “Create Call to Action”
Step 2: Choose your CTA – Book Now, Contact Us, Use App, Play Game, Shop Now, Sign Up or Watch Video – think of what you want people to do or where you want them to go when they click on this call-to-action button
Step 3: Insert the link where you want them to go to when they click on your CTA button – Website means that if someone is looking at your Page on their Desktop or Laptop – Mobile means if they are looking at your Page on their Mobile Device or Tablet
Step 4: iOS Destination – choose where to send people when they tap the button on an iPhone or an iPad – you can either send them to a your website or an app.
Step 5: Android Destination – same concept as Step 4 – where do you want people to go?
Step 6: Click Save and your button is added to your Facebook Page
What else can you do with your CTA button?
- Go to Link will send you directly to the link you used when setting up your button
- Promote your CTA is like creating a Facebook Ad for your CTA
- View Insights shows you how many people clicked on your CTA Button
- Edit call to action can be used if you want to direct people to a different link or you want to change the CTA all together – instead of Sign Up, you want Book Now
- Delete call to action will delete the button
What are your thoughts about this feature? Will you use it and what will you have people do with your CTA? Comment below!
P.S. Thank you to my Facebook Group for giving me the inspiration for this post.